Year 2 General Information
Welcome back. I hope your child has enjoyed their first few days in school and that they are starting to get used to the new daily routine. All the children are settling well, thanks to your support.
As a reminder, please note the following information:
- Please label all pieces of clothing and water bottles.
- All children need to have a PE bag in school with their PE kit in. For the girls who wear tights, it is a good idea to send a spare pair of socks to keep in their pump bags for PE. Our class PE days this half term are Tuesday and Thursday.
- We encourage the children to use their water bottles throughout the day. They must contain only water. Please send filled water bottles every day.
- We will be starting to use the library next week. Your child will choose a book to bring home for the week. The book will be your child’s choice. Share the book together, encouraging lots of discussion about the story thus developing a love of reading. Some of the books in our library are recommended texts for Y2. It would greatly support your child’s reading if they read as many of these books as possible throughout the year. Once your child returns the book they may choose a new one
- Once your child reaches GREEN level reading books, they will begin to choose their own book to take home. When you have shared the book together, please write a comment in their reading record book. This is an important home school link and helps us to understand how reading is going on at home. Once they have read the book at home, they may change it in school. It is important that your child reads regularly. As they progress through the levels, the books do get longer, so I do not expect your child to read the whole book in one night. Little and often is important. Please ensure your child has their reading packet in school everyday.
Thank you for your support,
Miss S Wright and Mrs Carrick